Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Finally Getting into Final Cut Pro

It has now been about three weeks into the semester and we are finally beginning to edit our first videos. For our first assignment, I decided to use my camera as my "Show and Tell" object. I must admit, I felt a little weird setting up a tripod in my room, attaching a camera and speaking into it. But, like they say "practice makes perfect". I was doing the typical things a nervous, unexperienced girl would do on camera, fidgeting, playing with my hair and saying "um" every other word. Yea, it's pretty awkward to watch myself on video do all that, but I'm taking it as a learning experience. I can watch the video and try to work on the things I shouldn't be doing while speaking during filming.
On Tuesday, Professor Scully told us that he spoke to IT and that Final Cut Pro was all ready for us to use. I must admit it was a little overwhelming. This class is definitely going to help me learn patience, something I need to acquire. The program had so many functions and options and it was just all in front of me. But with the help of our teacher, I'm willing to learn because I think it is very interesting and crucial to be educated on the newest technology. Any little bit of information you know can help you rise in the job market, and help progress you as you find your dream position.

No comments: