Friday, April 4, 2008

Reporting

I can honestly say that being apart of Professor Scully's New Media class has been nothing but beneficial to me. Since the beginning of the semester, it has offered me nothing but opportunities to learn about camera work, presence in front of the camera and speaking correctly. I feel that this class is laid back, yet demanding. We recently began putting together our own news casts in teams of three and four.

For the first news cast, my group decided to cover the smoking ban and whether or not it has been effective or not. I was the reporter and decided not to do a stand up. After watching it, we realized that the stand up would have been beneficial and would have made it look a little better.
But as they say, practice makes perfect.

The next news segment we are working on is going to be on "senioritis". We are going to interview a teacher, and obviously students to get their feelings on graduating and spring fever. We plan to get footage of parties, sporting events and other activities where you can find seniors.

No comments: