Thursday, April 10, 2008

Senioritis

So I finally made my debut as being on camera. For my first time, I didn't think is was that bad. We definitely needed better B roll and my tripod was MIA for a few days, so we didn't have one to use. Getting interviews from people was fairly easy, but getting them comfortable in front of the camera was our only dilemma. Once they heard that I was part of Scully's class they would say, "Oh no, I'm not doing this, I heard he puts it on youtube!" I just tell them we cut most of what they say out and then they agree. If they only knew HOW we edit it. We kind of made the seniors sound like lazy alcoholic. Hey, we don't lie.

On a lighter note, I think this news cast was a lot better than the first round. It was more organized, I was on screen and it was definitely more fun. Also, I find myself getting more and more comfortable on camera as the weeks go by. I think I've come a long way since the beginning of the semester when I tried to walk out of class because I could not stand looking at myself on screen. I notice that I use my hands when talking, but I'm Italian what can I say? I think it gives me some character and personality rather than just standing still.

No comments: